Results will be published during July 2018 by the UNESCO Secretariat Paris. Please wait for the Letter of Award 2018 which will be addressed only to selected candidates.
Deadline for submission of applications should be on or before 23 April 2018 (24H00 Warszawa time/ Paris time/ GMT +01:00 ) at the latest with advance copy by email.
With a view to promoting human resource capacities in the developing countries and to enhancing international understanding and friendship among nations and the people of Poland, the Polish National Commission for UNESCO and the UNESCO Chair for Science, Technology and Engineering Education at the AGH University of Science and Technology in Krakow have placed at the disposal of certain Member States (see Annex I) forty (40) fellowships of six (6) months duration each, in Poland, starting on 1 October 2018. The beneficiaries of these fellowships will be given the opportunity to undertake an individual research programme in the field of Science, Technology and Engineering.
For more information please visit:
Due to the Intergovernmental character of UNESCO, individual application is not acceptable and all candidatures must be channelled through the national commission of invited countries to the UNESCO. The official channel for the submission of candidatures is the National Commission for UNESCO of your country.
You are invited to visit our webpages for more details: http://www.unesco.agh.edu.pl/en/unescoagh-fellowships/unescoagh-fellowships-proposals/2018/2018A/ for all fellowships offered by the UNESCO/ Poland Co-sponsored Participation Programme.
You will find in it the different programmes offered to all Member States as well as criteria, terms, conditions, procedure to follow, rules and regulations, etc. governing each programme. Before applying check if you comply with the conditions spelled out in the letter of announcement concerning the programme you are interested in and if your country is invited to participate. In that case you should contact your National Commission for UNESCO. Each project has specific requirement on educational background, professional experience and language requirement for qualified candidates. Please check carefully before applying if you comply with the requirements for the project you are interested in. You are obliged to provide the copies of the certifications or any official documents to demonstrate your qualification.
Under the folder Programme documents: http://www.unesco.org/new/en/fellowships/programmes/unesco-poland-co-sponsored-fellowships-programme-engineering/
you can also find UNESCO Application Form & Certificate of Language Knowledge, on the last page of which is the form for you to describe your language level. You are required to provide evidence of your language ability when you are applying for the fellowship. If you have already obtained any certificate from any authorized international language tests (e.g. TOFEL, IELTS or TOEIC), please attach your certificate with the form of language certificate filled up by yourself when you submit your application. Otherwise, you are advised to ask the official institutes to prove your language qualification by filling up the form for you with stamp.
Candidatures should be submitted by the invited Member State only. Original applications in duplicate must be channelled through the National Commission for UNESCO of the candidate’s country by 23 April 2018 at the latest (GMT +01:00) by mail (two hardy copies) to Mr Stoyan Bantchev, Chief of the Participation Programme Fellowship Section, UNESCO, 7 Place de Fontenoy, F 75352 Paris 07 SP, France. A scanned advance copy of the application should be sent by the email to the: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org;
Applications should have imperatively the following attachments in DUPLICATE: 1. UNESCO fellowships application forms, including medical certificate, ALL four (4) pages duly completed in English using capital letter (illegible documents will be eliminated from the procedure, hand writing form must include capital letter only);
2. Two photographs attached to the applications (4x6 cm);
3. Certified copies (in English) of Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree/ PhD obtained; and,
4. UNESCO certificate of language knowledge, duly completed by a relevant authority, if the mother tongue of the candidate is not English.
5. Two letters of recommendation from someone related to the candidate’s work, as well confirming the candidate’s qualifications.
6. The endorsement letter from Applicant the National Commission for UNESCO. Please notice: without the endorsement no applications will be taken into consideration.
Please insure that the following documents are attached to the application (INFORMATION LIST AND CHECK LIST):
1. Information List and Check List, see Annex 01, name of the correct file of your submission: A01-2018A-SURNAME-Name-Country.doc
2. The UNESCO Fellowship Application Form and Certificate of Language Knowledge duly completed which must be endorsed by Applicant the National Commission for UNESCO (signed and stamped by the National Commission of the countries’ candidate, Applicant passport type photography (obligatory) should be included with the form, see Annex 02, name of the correct file of your submission: A02-2018A-SURNAME-Name-Country.doc
3. Two letters of recommendation from someone familiar with the candidate’s work (must be on the institutional heading letter with date of presenting and signature, Annex 03, name of the files for submission: A03-01-2018A-SURNAME-Name-Country.doc (for the first recommendation), A03-02-2018A-SURNAME-Name-Country.doc (for the second recommendation),
4. Certified copy of degrees or diplomas (including transcript of grades) in duplicate. Proof of having obtained a Bachelor’s / Master’s / Ph.D. degree, Annex 04, name of the file for submission: A04-2018A-SURNAME-Name-Country.doc
5. The certificate of English language proficiency (on the UNESCO form) duly completed (if your mother tongue is not English) issued by an official authority, or copy of Toefl, Cambridge etc., Annex 05, name of the file for submission: A05-2018A-SURNAME-Name-Country.doc
6. Applicant passport type photography, Annex 06, name of the file for submission: A06-2018A-SURNAME-Name-Country.doc
7. The endorsement letter from your National Commission for UNESCO, Annex 07, name of the file for submission: A07-2018A-SURNAME-Name-Country.doc. Please notice: without the endorsement no applications will be taken into consideration.
All presented Annexes number: A01, A02, A03, A04, A05, A06, A07 must be submitted to the following e-addresses: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, as well as firstname.lastname@example.org;
In the process of submission of applications no medical certificate is requested. Only selected candidates will receive, in due course, the UNESCO medical form to be completed.
Guide for the submission to the UNESCO/ Poland Co-Sponsored Fellowships Programme in Engineering, edition 2018 A
All candidates should register themselves to the UNESCO AGH Chair Fellowship e-registration system (all points must be filled in) POTENTIAL CANDIDATES 2018 A REGISTRATION FORM, available on the page: http://www.unesco.agh.edu.pl/stypendia-unesco-agh/oferta-stypendialna/2018/2018a/
All candidates should submit all requested Annexes number: A01, A02, A03, A04, A05, A06, A07 to the following e-addresses: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org;
Original applications in duplicate must be channelled through the National Commission for UNESCO of the candidate’s country by 23 April 2018 at the latest (GMT +01:00) by mail (two hardy copies) to Mr Stoyan Bantchev, Chief of the Participation Programme Fellowship Section, UNESCO, 7 Place de Fontenoy, F 75352 Paris 07 SP, France.
Owing to the Intergovernmental character of UNESCO, individual applications are not receivable and the official channel for the submission of candidatures is the National Commission for UNESCO of your country.
You are invited to visit the Webpages:
where the criteria, terms, conditions, procedure to follow, rules and regulations, etc. are spelled out.
Before applying, please check if you comply with the conditions spelled out in the letter of announcement and if your country is invited to participate. In that case you should contact your National Commission for UNESCO. They alone will decide to endorse or not your application.
Correspondence and fellowship programme language: English only.
The final deadline for submission is 23 April 2018 (24H00 Warszawa/ Paris time).
All rights reserved © 2022 Akademia Górniczo-Hutnicza